Sideburns may be less visible than your moustache and beard, but they can truly accentuate your unique personality. Celebrities like Elvis Presley and Peter Fonda are known for their enchanting sideburns, which are proven to play more significant role in accentuating their personality than their other facial features. If taken care of perfectly, your sideburns can become your facial landmarks. People will remember you because of your unique sideburns instead of anything else.
If you want to know how to style sideburns, here you will read about some tips that you can follow to make your sideburns the most eye-catching ones. Basically, you need to know which sideburns appear perfect on your particularly shaped face and the types of tool to use to groom your sideburns. gazblogs.com has a large selection of shavers and trimmers that you can use to modify your sideburns. You need to know which tools are the most convenient and versatile to use when it comes to making your sideburns look great.
How to Style Sideburns Based on the Shape of Your Face
You can shape and detail your sideburns anyway you want, but one important thing to mind is that you have to match your style with the shape of your face. Here we will show you the right sideburns styles for different face shapes.
1. How to Style Sideburns on Square Face
If you have square face like that of Brad Pitt or David Beckham, your main focus is to give dimension to your face by complementing your square jawline and offsetting it. Long sideburns that extend to the bottom of your ear will mostly work if you have square face. Keep the sideburns thin enough but still visible by trimming them at an appropriate level of length.
2. How to Style Sideburns on Round Face
If you have round face, you have a pair of too broad cheeks that you have to deal with. Keeping long and lush sideburns, coupled with lush beard, will reduce the unwanted expanse excellently. Narrow down your cheeks with lush facial hair so that your round face will appear slimmer.
3. How to Style Sideburns on Oval Face
Oval face is widely recognized as a versatile face. With this face, you can try various styles when it comes to grooming not only your sideburns, but also your beard and moustache. In other words, any styles that you apply to your sideburns will work. However, if you don’t want your face to appear too long, you may want to avoid too long sideburns and cut them right in the middle of your ear area.
4. How to Style Sideburns on Triangle Face
Triangle face includes narrow forehead and wider chin area. You can use short, medium and long sideburns for different purpose. If you want more balanced look, you can go with short or medium sideburns. If you want your jaw and chin to look narrower, you can go with longer sideburns with tapered or fading end.
5. How to Style Sideburns on Diamond-shaped Face
If your face is widest at the cheekbones, your focus is to narrow down your cheekbone area with medium-length sideburns that stop right in the middle of your ear or slightly above it. The most important thing to mind is that you should keep your sideburns trimmed. Bushy sideburns will make your face’s center area even wider.
6. How to Style Sideburns on Oblong Face
Oblong face is long like oval face but angular like square. You may call it rectangular. There are two options available if you have oblong face. If you think that your face is too narrow, keep long and thick sideburns to add width to your face. If your face is too long, you can keep shorter sideburns instead to make your face look shorter.
7. How to Style Sideburns on Heart-shaped Face
If your face is wide on forehead and narrow on chin, styling your sideburns can be a challenging task. If you keep short but fluffy sideburns, the upper part of your face, which is already wide, will look even wider. You may want to try longer sideburns with bushier end to give more volume to your narrow bottom; however, be sure to do this cautiously because if your sideburns’ end is too fluffy, you will draw attention to your narrow and less attractive bottom.
No matter what the shape of your face is, it is recommended that you do your first styling trial with a professional, especially if you have heart-shaped face with sideburns that are somewhat challenging to style. Once you find your best style, you can practice styling your sideburns at home. Just make sure that you use the right tools to groom your sideburns. We will talk about that below.
The Best Tools for Grooming Your Sideburns
We can show you a large selection of grooming equipment that you can use to style your facial hair, but if you are dealing with sideburns, here are tools that you should familiarize yourself with.
1. Manual Razor
Straight or safety razor is your best friend when it comes to styling your sideburns. Razor is especially useful when you want to define the length of your sideburns. It determines where your sideburns should end.
- Box of eight replacement cartridges for the Gillette Fusion Manual razor
- Features five-blade shaving surface for a comfortable, precise shave
- Blades are spaced 30% closer together than MACH3 blades
- Infused with Vitamin E, aloe and natural oils, enhanced indicator Lubrastrip signals when it's time to change blade
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
- 5 Blades; our thinnest, finest blades (first 4 blades) for less tug and pull (vs. Fusion)
- Precision Trimmer on the back for accurate edging
- Enhanced Lubrastrip (vs. MACH3) for smooth glide
- Our most advanced blade coating
- 2X preferred when used with the Fusion ProGlide with FlexBall Handle Technology (overall preference vs. former ProGlide, among ProGlide users)
- All Fusion razor blades fit all Fusion handles (with and without FlexBall Handle Technology)
- Never run out of razor blades again! Subscribe to have replacement razor blades delivered when you need them
- Gillette Fusion ProGlide Manual Razor Blade Refill Pack contains 4 Fusion ProGlide razor blades with Gillette's most advanced blade coating
- Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor Blades: Gillette's thinnest, finest razor blades (first 4 blades) for less tug and pull (vs. Fusion)
- Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor Blades: Enhanced Lubrastrip (vs. MACH3) for smooth glide
- Please read all label information on delivery.
- The cutting performance of the blades surpasses any other replacement blade razor on the market
- Feather has created the most innovative razor in the world
- Weight:90 g
Braun Series 7 790cc Cordless Electric Foil Shaver for Men with Clean and Charge Station - Packaging May Vary
- Intelligent Sonic technology automatically increases power in difficult areas and on denser hair. Uses up to 1,000 micro-vibrations per minute when needed.
- ActiveLift trimmer lifts and cuts flat-lying hairs, especially in the neck and chin area
- 2X OptiFoil cuts hair as short as 0.05mm for a closer shave than any other shaver and delivers the perfect finish every time
- World's only 5-action, alcohol-based Clean and Charge Station hygienically cleans, charges and lubricates the shaver with one touch of a button
- 3 pressure-sensitive shaving elements for efficiency and skin comfort
- Specialized Micro Comb capture more hair in each stroke* *Versus Braun Series 3. Tested on 3 day beard
- 2 rechargeable long-life NiMH batteries
- Wet&Dry shaver for use with water, foam or gel
- Designed and engineered in Germany by Braun
- Cordless Or Corded Use - Enjoy flexibility and convenience with the ability to shave cordless or corded. Plus, a 5-minute quick charge function provides power for one shave
- 60-Minute Cordless Runtime - Get up to 20 days of shaving between charges. Washable - The shaver easily washes clean under the faucet.
- Charging Time: 2 Hours
- Pivot & Flex - Allows the shaver head to adjust and maintain close contact around the chin, jawline, and neck
- Provides a clean shave on-the-go
- Self-sharpening blades for a close shave
- Independently floating heads follow the curve of your face
- Up to 60 minutes cordless shave
- Battery operated (2 AA batteries included)
- Rechargeable OneBlade can trim, edge, and shave any length of hair.
- Shave any length - not as close as a traditional blade so your skin stays comfortable
- Trim it down - click on combs for a fast and even trim in all the right places
- Edge it up - dual-sided blade for precise edging to line up your style easier than ever before
- Replaceable OneBlade lasts up to 4 months. (For best shaving experience. Based on 2 full shaves per week. Actual results may vary.)
2. Electric Razor
Electric razor is more convenient to use than straight or safety razor and if you can master its use, you can achieve similar level of precision to the one you achieve using manual razor.
3. Clipper or Trimmer
You can use this equipment to reduce the volume of your sideburns. You may need to use a comb as a helper when using this equipment, but because it already has included a built-in comb, use separate comb only if you deem it necessary. Trimmer, including sideburns trimmer that pops out from most modern beard trimmer, is useful especially if you want to style tapered or fading sideburns. With the right styling methods and tools, you should be ready to stand out with your amazing sideburns.